– As a key team member, you will support the overall project by acting as a single point of contact for a ‘cluster’ of local resilience forums (LRFs) in the south and south-west of England, supporting them in identifying their gaps and strengthening their cyber capability;
– You will develop close and productive working relationships with your LRFs, advising them on how to mainstream cyber security and resilience into their business as usual arrangements;
– You will support the delivery of training and exercising to your LRFs facilitating group discussions and running exercises where required;
– You will liaise with central cyber security planning stakeholders, including NCSC, as they develop cutting edge cyber preparedness, response and recovery advice;
– You will identify and address opportunities to improve local cyber capabilities, helping responders understand and adopt robust measures on cyber resilience and security and implement advice from across the cyber community;
– You will contribute to developing an understanding of the local cyber preparedness landscape in England, and feed this in to National Cyber Security Programme;
– You will help strengthen both local and national cyber incident management, through contributing to exercises and reviews and scoping options for improving collaboration; and
– You will be part of the RED emergency response team in the central and critical role of Government Liaison Officer as well as part of the RED emergency operations centre during any type of emergency.
We are looking for individuals who are motivated to help make local communities better equipped to manage shocks through effective planning, and who have the drive and determination to push cyber resilience and security into the mainstream of local planning.
You will be interested in the uncertainties and challenges of protecting a data and technologically-reliant world and making it sufficiently robust for community needs.
Although detailed technical knowledge of cyber is not required for this role, individuals with a strong interest in resilience and the cyber context are highly desirable.