We are at the start of our transformation journey and this is one of three key appointments we’ll be making to enable us to deliver industrial, world class data products and services, including data as a service, insight and statistics, knowledge and information management and profession data and statistics advisory services. Such developments will help us to accelerate progress and operate with greater confidence, pace and clarity to ensure that good decisions are made and positive impact maximised.
Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, you will be tasked with the definition and successful delivery of end-to-end data services, influencing and shaping the Directorate’s Service Strategy and defining, delivering and owning the live services that ensue in support of the business. To this end, you will work with colleagues throughout the DfE to maximise impact, nurturing a team of passionate and engaged Service Owners who champion their users to identify and deliver efficient and sustainable delivery methods. To do this, you will ensure that your team brings together multi-disciplinary delivery teams to support the rapid development of high-quality, flexible data user journeys, setting the overarching vision and strategy for an efficient and effective programme and project portfolio across the Data Directorate, which is delivered to cost, time and quality.
This will be a highly visible, supporting role and you will champion the Directorate’s services across the Department and beyond, working hard to ensure that all potential users of our services are aware of and know how to access and influence our service offer.
This is a new profession for the Data Directorate and we are looking for an exceptional leader and subject matter expert to help contribute to transformation and business performance improvement
• As a member of senior leadership team, you will be accountable for setting the future strategic direction of the directorate working collaboratively with your peers;
• Delivering services to users on time, within budget and to high quality;
• Ongoing user engagement to drive continuous improvement of Data Directorate’s services;
• Driving forward the implementation of the Data Directorate’s transformation programme;
• Leading and motivating high performing teams demonstrating an up-to-date understanding of industry best practice and capabilities;
• Developing the capability and culture aligned to the four DfE principles:
-Evidence Based Decision Making
• Building, attracting and retaining a team of committed service owners who have a passion and vision for the services they are delivering for their users;
• Championing the role of the Directorate and its services across the DDaT organisation, the Department, and beyond.