Bob Seely MP is seeking to recruit a parliamentary assistant based in Westminster. The successful applicant will be highly organised, a strong communicator with excellent written English and who works accurately to deadlines. Ideally, the successful applicant will have experience and knowledge of UK Politics and the Houses of Parliament.
- Providing briefings and material to be used by the Member in speeches in the House and in Committee hearings.
- Monitoring Hansard, local and national media, and upcoming legislation for opportunities for the Member to advance his policy interests.
- Undertaking research on complex subjects, defining and organising research priorities and meetings.
- Project Management
- Gathering material on the Member’s work and Government policies that the Member can use in pro-active correspondence with constituents.
- Drafting articles for local and national publications.
- Providing generalist admin support