The successful candidate will be working in a fast pace environment, whilst using a number of IT systems such as: Microsoft Outlook and share point to communicate with internal and external stakeholders. The role will involve organising your workload in order to support two Deputy Directors.
• managing diary appointments;
• helping to manage the two Deputy Director’s Inbox;
• preparing briefing packs;
• arranging visits, including travel arrangements;
• coordinating advice on invitations;
• working closely with colleagues across Defra to ensure your two Deputy Directors are sufficiently sighted on issues as they arise;
• liaising closely with Ministers’ private offices and with other PAs across Defra to ensure joined up working, and responding to ad-hoc requests;
• Taking notes at meetings;
• Completing conference registrations and coordinating the preparation of slide packs
• Arranging external venue booking and hospitality; and,
• providing administrative support for the wider management of the team and Directorate, for example through supporting communication and reporting activity.
We are looking for someone who has the:
• Ability to demonstrate working in a fast paced environment and being calm under pressure.
• Ability to confidently use various IT systems including Microsoft Outlook, SharePoint, Excel, Word.
• Excellent customer service skills and confidence in communicating with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to persuade and influence others, establishing effective collaborative relationships.
• Ability to develop and maintain a strong supportive networks both within and outside your organisation.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and control own workload, and deliver results to agreed timescales