Policy Assistant key responsibilities:
- To work alongside the Public Affairs Advisers as they deliver the Public Affairs Unit’s key public policy objectives within our priority areas of Homelessness, Modern Slavery and Universal Credit
- Support the Public Affairs Unit as they raise awareness of key policy issues that affect our service users by influencing decision makers and opinion formers about national policy issues.
- Assist with the monitoring of internal and external stakeholders for key policy areas.
- Support the Public Affairs Unit by conducting policy research on any number of issues which may affect our service users or wider mission, with a particular focus on universal credit focus groups and undertaking qualitative analysis
- Support public affairs work at both internal and external conferences and assist with preparations at the 2019 Party Conferences.
- Assist The Salvation Army in delivering key campaigns.
We are involved in media, policy and lobbying work. The post holder will be able to liaise with politicians, frontline personnel and internal stakeholders, have competence in multitasking and will be able to assist with the running of complex events.