British Blind Sport
The work of the charity enables blind and partially sighted people to have the same opportunities as sighted people to access and enjoy sport and recreational activities in the UK.
At British Blind Sport, we help blind and partially sighted people get active and play sport. Sport and recreational activities can enhance the lives of people with visual impairments, by improving their health and increasing their social interaction. We encourage adults and children to participate in activities at all levels, from grassroots to the Paralympic Games.
What does British Blind Sport offer?
– Organise sporting competitions for people with visual impairments, allowing them to compete against others
– Support people with visual impairments within the sports world
– Provide sight classifications to blind and partially sighted athletes to ensure a fair and equal competition
– Support the education of teachers to ensure no child with visual impairment is denied the opportunity to play
– Provide advice to clubs and coaches to enable more people with visual impairments to participate in sport