Dudley Metropolitan Borough Council
At Dudley we are committed to becoming a Community Council, an ambition which can be captured within the four priorities at the heart of our ‘Love Your Community’ campaign, designed to underpin everything we do. We will ensure communities influence council decisions and are committed to delivering services in partnership with communities. We will provide flexible and responsive service in partnership with communities and help communities help themselves.
In joining a local authority serving 313,000 residents you will become an integral part of a council that:
- has strong political leadership and is ready to embrace change, providing an environment in which you will be encouraged to make your mark;
- is aware of its key challenges and the need for a new energy to transform the Council and innovate in order to find more cost effective ways of delivering services;
- has introduced a new ‘fit for purpose’ organisation structure, designed to drive forward effective integrated services, working with our partners and being closer to our communities.
- has aligned its political and managerial leadership structures and is committed to protecting, securing and transforming the lives of children, families, vulnerable and older people who need our support.
There is a clear vision which is ensuring that collectively the council is working for communities today and building for tomorrow. In striving to become a leading ‘community council’ we:
- want borough residents to have their say through our Community Forums
- dedicate time to meaningful consultation and listen to the views of our residents;
- are working with the community to encourage active involvement of our residents,
- are open to working with the voluntary sector to establish new ways of delivering value for money services and committed to encouraging the growth of a social enterprise culture.
We want to leave a legacy of a better future for the borough that reflects Dudley’s potential and harnesses the ambitions of the people we serve. For more information see our interactive Council Plan and ‘Love your Community‘ campaign.