Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
Solihull has been voted as one of the best places to live in the UK. As one of the most prosperous towns in the Midlands, almost 70 percent of our borough is designated as green belt. We enjoy great communication links with the M40, M42 and M6 all close by and an excellent network of railways plus, of course, an international airport. We are home to the award winning Touchwood Shopping Centre, National Exhibition Centre and the Genting Arena including Resorts World.
It is an exciting time for Solihull, although we are a relatively small local authority (c.7000 employees), we still have ambitious plans including the development of UK Central and HS2.
Here at Solihull Council we want to ensure that all our citizens have an equal chance to share in Solihull’s success. We do this by putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We recognise that our employees are the key factor in achieving our vision. As such, we are always on the lookout for talented individuals, who want to make a real positive difference to people’s lives and can help us to continue building on our success.
In return we offer:
- A friendly, supportive and inclusive working environment
- Competitive salaries including, for those at the top of their scale, the opportunity to receive a non-consolidated lump sum.
- Flexible working including home working, job sharing and part time working arrangements where appropriate.
- Annual leave starting at 24 days and rising to 29 days after 5 years service with 8 public holidays and the opportunity to purchase up to 10 additional days holiday per year.
- A generous flexitime scheme (available for most roles) with up to 24 days flexitime allowed per year
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- A range of family friendly policies
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, confidential Employee Assistance Programme and staff discount card.
We believe in recruiting the best person for the job, using fair and open selection based on knowledge, experience, skills and behaviours. We welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
As users of the Disability Confident Scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who demonstrate they meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.